We are seeking an experienced and qualified candidate for the position of HR Generalist to lead the HR Function for Aviagen operations in the Elkmont, AL area. This position will be located in Elkmont, AL or Loretto, TN.
- Accountable for all hourly and salaried recruitment strategies for both locations.
- This position will work with local leadership to develop and execute recruitment strategies ensuring business needs are met relative to staffing, including:
- Responsible for any staffing agency relationships and contract management.
- Both internal and external candidate communication and follow up.
- Responsible for overall success of Employee On-Boarding.
- Coaching and Development:
- This position will serve as a coach advisor for each member of the site leadership teams.
- Additionally, this role will routinely work on conflict resolution and guidance for leaders and employees.
- Employee Engagement:
- Lead site efforts for employee recognition and reward. Lead an open-door culture where team members feel heard and issues are quickly resolved.
- Data Security and Recording Keeping:
- Accountable for data security and accuracy of all records related to HR.
- Including the review of records, transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Learning & Development:
- Coordinates training courses including assessment and/ or follow up for comprehension and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the administration and recordkeeping of all compliance training including but not limited to training required for Environmental Safety Security and Health (ESSH), Biosecurity, animal welfare, harassment, and discrimination.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions. Ensures adherence to policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Compensation & Payroll:
- Responsible for ensuring timely processing of site data for payroll preparation.
- Functional Knowledge:
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of HR trends and best practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 3 – 5 years related experience.
- Advance experience in Microsoft software is required and video communications such as Zoom.
- PHR, SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience with integrated Human Capital Management Systems.
- Experience with Kronos and Workday preferred.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Critical thinking, negotiation skills and tact necessary.
- Must be a self-motivator with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with our vendors and colleagues.
- Must be able to periodically travel within the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.