Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world’s biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Operational Performance group works to develop management tools to support electric operations and provides strategic direction for reliability improvements across all the AVANGRID Networks electric operating companies. Our team executes projects analyzing large sets of data and providing solutions primarily for but not limited to the distribution system, while driving operational performance using KPIs and dashboards.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work – range of responsibilities):
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and perform the transformation, filtering, and aggregation of raw data into concise, accurate and focused data models.
• Use internal software capabilities to acquire, ingest, and transform big datasets.
• Model and use data in creative ways to help drive problem solving and decision making.
• Work with data engineers to help develop analytical tools for internal stakeholders.
• Ensure information security standards are maintained at all time.
• Perform complex assessments and manipulation of reliability data, as well as further development of the company’s data retention capabilities, historic reporting capabilities, and data mining capabilities to complete complex analysis and reporting.
• Assist in the development of Reliability Engineering and Reliability Reporting processes, tools, and projects to support the goals and objectives of the Operational Performance organization.
• Provide technical advice and support to other departments as it pertains to Big Data and Analytics.
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent area.
• 1-3 years relevant experience
• Experience working with a large volume of data with the ability to solve problems.
• Knowledge of the electric distribution systems is a plus.
• Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability develop creative and effective solutions.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels of the AVANGRID organization.
• Strong communication skills.
• Develop self & others
• Empower to grow
• Collaborate and share
• Be a role model
• Focus to achieve results
• Be agile