This role is accountable for the development and execution of project scope, schedule, budget, resource needs and operating financials. This position is responsible for developing and managing all tasks involved in project management from project development to start-up. Perform related duties required to manage requests submitted to the engineering department. This includes, but is not limited to, understanding various material specifications, researching and identifying proper manufacturing requirements, reviewing equipment specifications, developing drawings for products made from sheet metal, plastic, and other materials, and preparing a budget, capital expenditure, schedule, and return on investment analysis. The functions are performed to meet objectives that include new product introduction, optimizing within current or future production capabilities, increasing manufacturing efficiencies, redesigning products, and reducing costs. Software and programming ability in 2D CAD, 3D CAD, and CAD/CAM
Roles and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to design products that meet company objectives.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Use drafting software and tools to produce structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Provide feedback on customer problems and needs.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
Work Experience and Requirements
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or related field)
- Software/Programming knowledge & skill in 2D CAD, 3D CAD, and CAD/CAM is required Technical Writing knowledge & skill is required.
- Three years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience a plus
- Laser & CNC programming experience a plus
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment operation manuals, Safety Data Sheets, and other literature.
- Experience with ERP Software is helpful
- Strong mathematics skills.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Intermediate mathematics skills required.
- Experience with SolidWorks a plus.
- Proficient with typical office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.