Graduate 3D-BIM Designer – Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Introductory training to all the visual styles, discipline requirements and software
• Previous knowledge of 2D and 3D platforms, such as AutoCAD, Revit or Microstation will be consolidated upon, with skills assessments and on job training
• Detailed training and use of add-on software through on job use
• Multi-disciplinary coordination and design review both in models and drawing packages, how complete drawing packages are compiled (on the job)
• Learning about the CAD Skills Network (introduction course, on the job)
• Work closely with engineers and drafters designers to create models and drawing sets – documentation and archiving
• Work on drawings across disciplines to gain an appreciation of each role
• AutoCAD skills Expertise in one BIM or CAD platform
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Associate or Bachelors Degree in Civil, CAD BIM technology, CAD drafting, solids modeling, scripting and coding or related field
• Internship experience with a design firm
• AutoCAD skills, MicroStation, Civil 3D, Inroads, Rail track, Geopack, Revit, NavisWorks, Solibri, Dynamo, 3D modeling (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share – paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) – with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.