As our Commercial Sales Support Specialist, you will be a part of our team supporting CLEO which is Armstrong’s proprietary Lead sourcing software program.
You will be responsible for qualifying project leads, converting leads to opportunities, influencing the specification, and following the project through to completion. You will work with architects, designers, contractors, sub-contractors, owners, and distributors to accomplish their goals.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evaluate CLEO Leads and target those with greatest potential for producing positive results
- Qualify CLEO project leads, influence the project as early as possible, preferably with the specifier
- Cold Calling/Warm Calling on General Contractors, Facilities Maintenance Managers etc.
- Understand competitive products and services
- Work with traditional Inside Sales team to assist in closing certain opportunities
- Recommend suitable product solutions to achieve desired project goals and sales objectives
- Engage customer in mutual problem solving by brainstorming alternative approaches
- Provide product and technical expertise to customers
- Provide feedback to software development team on CLEO to further enhance its abilities and AI learning
- Develop sales agreements to gain customers’ acceptance and commitment
- Convey messages logically, simply, succinctly, and at the right pace
- Document all customer and project interactions within CRM
- Review specifications to assure accuracy and completely
- Provide proactive customer outreach communications to introduce new solutions to targeted customers
What will make you successful:
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of sales related experience and training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree