***PLEASE NOTE: ONLY COUNSELORS LICENSED WITH THE ARIZONA BOARD OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
The Arizona Department of Corrections is hiring Substance Abuse Counselors and Sex Offender Treatment Therapists who are licensed in the state of Arizona. We do not require that you have an independent license; an associate license with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health will suffice.
We are especially looking to recruit those who are experienced Counselors and new graduates from school who are looking to receive clinical supervision in order to receive their independent licensure in the future.
Some of the benefits unique to working for ADOC include:
· Opportunity to work with inmates/offenders to address issues that will foster positive reentry back into the community and create safer communities!
· Use of evidenced based curriculum and evidenced based practices
· Clinical supervision offered by independently licensed counselors on a consistent, ongoing basis
· Working for the state, counselors are eligible for student loan forgiveness programs
· Small group and caseload sizes, less paperwork load than most agencies
· Many trainings, and licensure fees, reimbursed by state
· Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
· Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
· Exceptional retirement program
· Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program.
Additional INCENTIVES for this classification:
– Paid license renewals
– Manageable caseloads (60)
– Paid conferences and workshops when possible
– Evidenced based group curriculum
– Closed groups
– Minimal paperwork and no billing
– Ability to be creative in using evidenced based practices
– Ability to be part of program development opportunities
– Ability to help ADC achieve its goal of reducing recidivism by 25% in 10 years
– Ability to receive clinical supervision for independent licensure
Please go to AZstatejobs.gov and submit your resume today! Let’s talk and get you started on the career opportunity of a lifetime!
Substance Abuse Counselor- Requisition # 37753
PLEASE NOTE: SALARY RANGE FROM $49,140 – $53,235 PER YEAR, DEPENDING ON EDUCATION/LICENSURE/EXPERIENCE.