Areté, an employee-owned company, is a growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States. Our Chantilly, VA office has an immediate opening for an entry-level Associate Project Specialist reporting to the Director, Intelligence Community (IC) Business Area. This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive assistance to the IC Business Area that crosses multiple locations (primarily Chantilly, VA and Northridge, CA offices). The position is for an entry-level candidate with significant professional growth potential.
• Office management support to IC Business Area that involves coordinating extensive travel and meetings, organizing meetings, maintaining schedules, planning events, etc.
• Coordinate and proofread weekly status reports to executives.
• Generate PowerPoint presentations and graphics for customer meetings.
• Assist with administrative functions and coordination of the proposal process and proofread content and, if necessary, coordinate delivery.
• Assist in managing and enhancing communication within the IC business area, across other Areté business areas, and with customers as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain quick-look cost and schedule snapshots for programs and projects.
• Support IC Programs and Opportunities weekly status review.
• Assist with invoicing as necessary.
• Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree.
• Expert proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify problems of moderate complexity and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Top Secret Clearance.
• U.S. citizenship required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• SCI clearance highly desired.
• Engineering or Technical degree.
• Knowledge of and practical application of engineering science and technology.
• 1-3+ years’ experience or 1+ years’ experience with MA/MBA.
• Microsoft Project proficiency.
• Program Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent.
Areté offers an excellent compensation and a full benefits package. U.S. citizenship, background screen and drug test are required to meet position eligibility. Submit your resume on-line at: http://www.arete.com
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact Arete Human Resources Representative.
Areté will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.