Arena Investors, LP is a global investment management firm that seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted, consistent and uncorrelated returns by employing a fundamentals based, asset-oriented financing and investing strategy across the entire credit spectrum in areas where conventional sources of capital are scarce.
Arena is looking to expand the Finance Team through the addition of a Senior Accountant. The Finance Team is responsible for all aspects of accounting for Arena’s funds, finance companies, joint ventures, and management company. Ideal candidates will be organized, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work effectively with all internal functional groups.
- Coordinate the monthly close process of the investment advisor and affiliated entities:
- Review of corporate accounting system entries and trial balance.
- Assist with accounts payable / receivable oversight.
- Management reporting and budgeting process.
- Financial performance and analysis of business.
- Assist with the monthly close process of special purpose investments vehicles:
- Coordination with Operations, Middle Office, and Fund Administrator
- Prepare and review management fee calculations, incentive fee calculations, and capital roll forwards along with reconciliations from the fund administrator.
- Review deal level incentive waterfall allocations.
- Assist in quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statement preparation.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly board packages and reporting.
- Assist in ad hoc requests, technology initiatives, and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in public or private accounting with management company experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Working knowledge of hedge and private equity fund structures
- Detail oriented, organized, and analytical
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For confidential consideration, please email resume and cover letter to: HR@arenaco.com