Arcadis is seeking detail oriented, well organized, dependable Geologists or Environmental Scientists to join our class firm nationwide. This entry level full-time position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills. Arcadis’ annual performance-based evaluations provide an opportunity for candidates to advance their career within the company.
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include travel for extended periods.
Field activities may include the following:
- Oversight of drilling operations (installing monitoring wells and soil or rock descriptions)
- Soil, groundwater, and air sampling in compliance with State and Federal standards
- Emergency response
- Operation and maintenance of subsurface remediation systems
- Subcontractor oversight
- Aquifer pump testing
- Underground and above ground storage tank inspection, testing, and repair/alteration oversight
Office responsibilities may include the following:
- Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
- Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals
- Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
- Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
- Preparing periodic status/program reports
- Figure/map/boring log production
While this position requires both field and office work, the candidate should expect to spend 60 to 80% of their time in the field. Candidates must have a good driving record, be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and for extended periods. Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes. Candidates must also be able to meet the physical demands associated with performing field work, including lifting heavy equipment, working in a standing position for extended periods of time, etc.
Candidates must be proficient with MS Word and MS Excel. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and strong interpersonal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, efficient time management, and the flexibility required to support different project managers concurrently.
This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree in Geology, Environmental Science or closely related field
- Prior internship or full time experience in related field.