Arcadis is searching for Entry Level Electrical Engineers, with an interest in designing electrical systems for water/wastewater facilities and other industrial facilities to join our world-class firm in offices across the country!
The primary focus of this role will be to provide technical and design consulting services with a focus on electrical power distribution, lighting, communications, and fire protection designs to support projects for the Water Division and Environmental Division teams. Electrical Engineer will report to Project Manager or Sr. Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong educational background and the ability to work productively independently and as a member of a highly efficient team. This position requires the successful candidate to be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work on the electrical design and coordination of various projects, involving industrial, municipal projects with an emphasis on water and wastewater treatment plant related buildings, industrial facilities, and associated electrical systems, as well as the analysis of existing facilities.
- Establish design criteria, perform design calculations, develop one line diagrams, control schematics, plans and specifications.
- Review manufacturer information to assure compliance with specifications.
- Assist and increase involvement with cost estimating, code review, field investigation, report and memo writing and other similar electrical engineering related tasks.
- Provide engineering services during construction, including reviewing equipment submittals, shop drawings and responding to contractor RFI’s (request for information).
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills/ Key Attributes
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take on multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Basic understanding and proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project and Outlook).
- Experience using ETAP, SKM Power Tools or other power systems analysis software.
This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or a closely related field of study.
- EIT or ability to obtain EIT within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Basic knowledge of power, power distribution, motor control, block diagrams, and variable frequency drives.
- Basic understanding of electrical codes and NFPA standards.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation, PLC controls and SCADA network architecture.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.