Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
The Product Technology team is responsible for developing cutting-edge hardware and productivity solutions used to manufacture the most-advanced semiconductor chips, many of which are inside everyday electronic devices. Our team is actively recruiting for a Systems Engineer in the high power RF or plasma physics domain to join our Sunnyvale, CA team. We also offer a flexible work environment which allows the team to complete tasks such as data analysis off site, with flexible hours, and no more tracking vacation time. At Applied Materials, you’ve earned it.
- Develop RF requirements for product development based on customer process requirements
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop hardware based on established requirements
- Design system level architecture for new products and decomposition of existing architecture for current products
- Develop RF software integration specification and support system level debugging
- Perform hands-on work for integration of new systems, including productivity risk assessment/validation
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform multiple root cause analysis and resolve a variety of difficult process engineering and customer product issues
- Serve as the central technical interface for engineering, manufacturing, technical support, quality, product management and account team as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle
- Influence early product designs to include features that impact cost of ownership, cost of service, quality and reliability, serviceability, safety, intellectual property (IP) protection, etc.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues, up to including oral presentations to customers
- Travel to customer sites to implement new technologies, products and analytical instrumentation
- Participate in critical escalations to deliver successful product introduction
- Graduating with a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field with experience in high power RF, RF filter design, transition line, software development, systems integration, plasma physics, plasma sources, or Plasma- RF interaction
- Experience with building or maintaining (ultra) high vacuum systems preferred
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ability to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Multi-disciplinary team collaboration
- Previous internship or related experience in field
- Demonstrated leadership experience in associations
- Thesis and relevant coursework
- Patents and publications
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.