Position: Computer Science Consultant, Intellectual Property Solutions
Position Type: Full-time
Location of Job: Boston, Chicago, New York, or Seattle
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
About the Position:
This is not a software development position, but it does require computer science expertise and technical skills.
Offering their insights at the intersection of technology and law, our computer science consultants advise attorneys, judges, juries, and companies on the computer science issues in their patent, copyright, trade secret, and electronic forensic legal matters. Consultants work in teams to analyze intellectual property as it relates to software source code, firmware, chips, and robotics, and testify in court or assist outside expert testifiers. Consultants also have the opportunity to develop new products within the team to improve our work.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a balance between technical subject matter expertise, initiative, accuracy, self-motivation, organization, and articulate & precise communications. Honesty, professionalism, and creativity are critical traits for success in this role. Our staff is mostly made up of computer scientists, and software and hardware engineers. Our culture strongly promotes a genuine work-life balance and offers excellent compensation, benefits, and stability.
- Undergrad and/or advanced degree from:
- Computer Science department
- or software-friendly Electrical Engineering program
- or computer-oriented mathematics, physics, or engineering program
- Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: C/C++, Java, Python, Linux/Unix.
- Additional pluses include SQL/databases, web frameworks, functional languages, app development, machine learning, understanding of advanced math and algorithms, and experience in computer or electronics design or reverse-engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Impeccable standards of honesty and accuracy; high degree of self-motivation and organization
- Highly articulate and precise English speaking and writing skills
- Strong collaborative skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Creative and inquisitive mindset, willing to think outside the box and explore new technologies
- Genuine work-life balance (35-to-40 hour work weeks)
- Stable team with meritocratic and intellectual culture
- Interesting and varied casework analyzing technology across many industries
- Excellent compensation and benefits
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.