Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible to design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software systems within a large software system scope.
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- You will learn Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable across domains
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve common goals.
- You will be given ownership of your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- We foster an environment that strives for continuous innovation and improvement, always seeking new ways to make what we do a little bit better.
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in writing software code in at least one programming language (Java, Python, or others)
- 2-3 years of knowledge in Unix/Linux
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and development
Candidates who stand out from the crowd…
- Exposure to development using microservices
- Experience with REST
- Spring framework experience
- Familiarity with common automated testing tools such as Junit
- Understanding of NoSQL DB’s such as Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo
- Exposure to SQL DB’s such as Postgres or Oracle
- Use of version control tools such as Git
- Use of build automation tools such as Jenkins
- Docker/Kubernetes exposure
- Event loggers like Kafka
- Cloud native monitoring tools such as Grafana and Kibana
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with design and develop new software applications
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies