Are you excited about cloud computing and exabytes of data? Are you passionate about delivering high quality services that affect hundreds of thousands of users? Amazon Redshift is the leading cloud data warehouse and one of the largest distributed systems in the world. We are building the next generation of data warehousing and looking for engineers to help shape the future of Redshift.
The Redshift team focuses on providing customers the best performance, highest scale and best efficiency. We build and enable Auto Remediation, Auto Tuning, Auto Root Cause systems which continuously improve the usability and performance of Redshift.
You will have a tremendous opportunity to touch every layer of the Redshift database core engine as well as tackling large scale and distributed system problems on a daily basis, Check out https://aws.amazon.com/redshift/whats-new/ to see some of our recently launched projects.
Creating reliable, scalable, and flexible distributed services requires exceptional technical expertise, fundamental Computer Science skills, and practical experience building large-scale systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software, is customer-focused, and is passionate about delivering high quality software. Come join us and solve challenging problems in a fast-growing team with boundless opportunities.
As a Redshift New Grad Software Development Engineer , you will help building systems that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters across the world. You will own code end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring, and operations. In the process, you will be mentored by senior engineers.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application. (graduation date on or after December 2020) Programming experience with programming language such as Java or C# Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and Complexity analysis Internship/Project
· Experience in at least three of the following areas:
· Big Data/Cloud Technology
· Cluster and monitoring clusters
· EC2 nodes
· Distributed Systems / Large scale systems
· Relational databases
· PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application. (graduation date on or after December 2020)
· Programming experience with Java
· Knowledge of OOD / OOP software engineering practices/standards
· Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, Python or other
· Understanding of system (Linux & Unix) and application performance and scaling characteristics
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Passionate about learning new technologies, frameworks and programming languages