AM Pierce & Associates, Inc. is a woman-owned small business providing Systems Engineering and Integration; IT and Program Management services and solutions to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies. For more information about AM Pierce & Associates, please visit our website at www.ampierce.com.
The Position: We are in search of a candidate who has network set up and administration experience to support military and homeland security needs. Effort focuses on establishing and maintaining enterprise networks in multiple laboratories at unclassified and classified levels. Experience with Linux operating systems (Redhat preferred) and Microsoft operating systems required. Security + and additional cyber security certifications preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain as needed). ACAS experience preferred, as well. Position would support NAVAIRSYSCOM in establishing networks required to support data fusion, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
- Establish enterprise networks in support of artificial intelligence and autonomy laboratories at NAVAIRSYSCOM.
- Maintain network security for Data Fusion branch networks including running scans and applying patches.
- Support emergent requirements for adding high performance computers and graphics processing units (GPUs)
- Ability and willingness to stay current on technical progress and trends in high performance computing and networking
- Able to work well with teams of engineers
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
- B.S. degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering or related engineering degree; M.S. preferred
- 3-5 years of internships or work experience in network administration; 10+ years preferred
- Experience and interest in statistics, linear algebra, and MATLAB is a plus
- An Active DoD SECRET clearance is required.
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for the majority of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Travel Assistance
- Financial Foundations Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers.
For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800 or email email@example.com.
AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify.
Please apply to www.ampierce.com