Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: This position supports the Radar and Antenna Systems Division, Avionics Department. We are looking for a candidate who will serve as a Radar Engineer in the fields of Radars for communications and broadcast, Radar systems, as well as airborne surveillance and tactical Radar systems. In this capacity the candidate will initiate, manage, mentor, coordinate and engineer complex and highly advanced Radar systems analyses. The candidate will also identify, coordinate, and lead advanced development, and support all phases of acquisition programs that are critical to Radars, radar, communications, and broadcast systems. As such, the candidate will provide expertise and guidance in his/her technical specialty by applying knowledge of state-of-the-art in Radar modeling tools, Radar measurements, and system designs to multiple advanced Radar programs.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
· Supports the NAVAIR Radar Technical Authority Expert (TAE) on all Radar-related flight clearances
· Formulates advanced application design concepts and development approaches. Adapts and applies advanced state-of-the-art technology in the design effort. Performs necessary multi-discipline engineering trade-offs. Resolves major controversial technical problems in the specialty area.
· Responsible for supporting the design, specification, and implementation of system/subsystems in the technical specialty field. Performs Radar Systems trade-off studies and analyses necessary to justify selection of one design over another.
· Supports the Radar Division when expertise in the technical specialty is required.
· Provides program offices with specialized expertise.
· May be required to lead a technical team in the design, specification, and implementation of Radars, Radar measurements, and analysis. Identifies all planning, labor, cost and schedules to accomplish assigned tasks. As required, supports procurement actions with emphasis on technical specifications or statements of work.
· Supports R&D investigations in laboratories, aboard aircraft, and/or ship to determine concept feasibility, define designs, and technically assess operational and performance capability. Directs the transition of specialty area equipment/systems from feasibility phases to advanced system development.
· Develops recommendations for project or task initiation or termination, schedule changes, and reallocation of resources. Develops rationale and approach for incorporating changes brought about by feasibility limitations, state-of-the-art enhancements, modified operational requirements, or other considerations.
· Generates required documentation for assigned projects including proposals, technical reports, specifications, work unit plans, and project reviews.
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
· The position requires a training and experience in Electronics Engineering.
· Must possess at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with a strong background in Radar measurements, and Radars.
· Must also have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in advancing airborne sensors technology, understanding the application of Radar and Radar technologies.
· Must possess an extremely strong professional work experience, especially as it applies to Radars and radar antenna systems onboard aircraft.
· Must be forward thinking in providing critical input on topics aiming at advancing Naval technologies through state-of-the-art products resulting from Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer Program (STTR), and other technical avenues available.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/she must be capable of providing valuable input at high level program reviews, design reviews, and technical interchange meetings with senior program counterparts.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. The ability to effectively telework is required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Travel Assistance
- Financial Foundations Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify.
Please apply to www.ampierce.com.