Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
AM Pierce & Associates is in search of a candidate who will be providing network engineering support for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in Lexington Park, MD. The candidate will support the development and implementation of network engineering solutions for UAS systems and associated control segments which will be integrated into ships, aircraft, or ground-based units. NAVAIRSYSCOM provides engineering support to Naval Aviation program offices that procure aviation weapons systems including aircraft, UAS, and weapons. Experience with CISCO routers, network switches, HACSIM tables, Windows and Linux operating systems is needed. Position would support NAVAIRSYSCOM in establishing networks required to develop, field and maintain UAS systems in the ISR environment.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
- Duties/Responsibilities:Join a diverse team of government, contractor, and industry representatives in the development of networking options for UAS ISR systems
- Document the options in a narrative document and support the development to government personnel and incorporate feedback
- Provide networking guidance to program offices as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provide support to Network Operations Center (NOC) in the establishment and use of network monitoring tools
- Develop and implement procedures for network troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot network outages within the Navy Operational Network (ADNS) and UAS networks
- Develop network process flows
- The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology and/or Cisco Network certification preferred
- 3-5 years work experience in shipboard network architecture or design; 10+ years preferred
- Experience in ADNS, CANES, ISNS is preferred
- Experience in shipboard network configuration is preferred
An Active DoD SECRET clearance is required.
The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk for the majority of the workday. Candidate must be able to work aboard US Navy ships for no more than two weeks at a time.
- AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
- FSA and HSA
- Discretionary Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Incentive Programs
- Awards and Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
- Travel Assistance
- Verizon Wireless Discount
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
This is a full time position