Data Scientist (Contingent)
Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: This position supports the Verification and Validation team for the DoD’s Joint Simulation Environment. We are looking for a candidate who will serve as a data scientist to analyze data generated by radar, infrared, and electro-optical sensors. In this capacity the candidate will extract data from source files and databases, develop analytical products and visualization tools, and present conclusions and recommendations to customers and stakeholders.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
· Develops custom scripts to ingest data from a variety of formats including comma-separated text, HDF5, and SQL databases.
· Perform pre-processing on data including data integrity validation, filtering on conditions, decoding, coordinate conversion, and interpolation.
· Develop analytical products such as statistical summaries, hypothesis testing, and modelling.
· Develop data visualization products to communicate analysis to project stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
· Ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar field.
· Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in analyzing airborne sensors data, such as radar, electro-optical, infrared, etc. Prior experience with Verification and Validation is a bonus.
· Able to develop custom scripts using Python, R, or MATLAB, additional experience with SQL is preferable.
· Strong critical thinking and an ability to solve problems independently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Capable of providing valuable input at high level program reviews, design reviews, and technical interchange meetings with senior program counterparts.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. The ability to effectively telework is required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
· 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
· Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program
· Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Professional development opportunities
· Incentive Programs
· Awards and Recognition
· Employee Assistance Program
· Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
· Travel Assistance
· Financial Foundations Program
· Verizon Wireless Discount
· Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify.
Please apply to www.ampierce.com.