The Position: We are in search of candidates who have Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and related technical skills to support military and homeland security needs. The ideal candidate will join a multidisciplinary group of engineers focused on applying state of the art ML approaches to a variety of DoD customer problems. Modern ML approaches are inherently multidisciplinary, integrating concepts from Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Neuroscience, Data Science, and other fields. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated the interdisciplinary breadth needed to integrate concepts from other fields to improve mission performance in areas such as radar, command and control, undersea sensing, autonomous vehicles, logistics and sustainment, and Cyber. The candidate will work with leaders and engineers throughout government and industry to develop new applications and products.
The Location: Patuxent River, Maryland and Orlando Florida: Best Places for Tech Jobs (#4)
· Sound knowledge of computer science, mathematics, and statistics
· Background in AI, ML, data science and analytics, game theory, intelligent agents, and related techniques is desirable
· Experience programming in some combination of Java, Python, and C++ in an agile development environment
· Solid working knowledge of Linux and/or MS Windows programming environments
· Experience with one or more scientific analysis and prototyping environments such as the SciPy/NumPy stack, MATLAB, or R, or with an ML framework such as Caffe or TensorFlow
· Good communication and presentation skills
· An exceptional individual interested in working collaboratively on challenging problems of importance to our nation’s defense
The successful candidate will have the minimum education and experience below:
· B.S. in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar quantitative focused degree
· 4+ years of experience
· An Active DoD Secret clearance is required
· M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other quantitative focused degree
· 8+ years of experience
· Experience with real-time and/or high-performance computing environments, including use of GPUs, distributed computing, and cloud-based development
· Experience across the software lifecycle, including architecture definition, design, implementation, integration and test of complex systems – in a DoD acquisition environment
· Experience in radar or sonar technologies, command and control systems, Cyber defense, or DoD mission areas.
· Top Secret clearance eligible
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for the majority of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. On some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage
· 401(k) Retirement Plan, Safe Harbor Plan with Immediate Vesting
· FSA and HSA
· Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program
· Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Professional development opportunities
· Incentive Programs
· Awards and Recognition
· Employee Assistance Program
· Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support
· Travel Assistance
· Financial Foundations Program
· Verizon Wireless Discount
· Local Gym Discounts
AM Pierce & Associates complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
This is a full-time position
Please apply to www.ampierce.com.