Under direction of the site director and working with shift leaders, oversees operations of the pet food manufacturing lines. Responsible for meeting customer and quality requirements, leading teams in product and process control, practicing SOP’s and coordinating all production support and systems activities.
- Develop a work environment of continuous improvement and lead problem solving activities, new projects and process implementation.
- Manage the production schedule to ensure the plant is meeting customer order dates and key performance indicators are achieved.
- Partner with the Purchasing Department to ensure raw ingredients and packaging meet requirements and are in place for production.
- Partner with Quality and Food Safety team members to ensure SOP’s are in place and in practice, critical control points are managed, and sanitation is effective.
- Partner with Engineering and Maintenance team members to ensure equipment is designed and functioning to specifications.
- Lead and cultivate team members to ensure skills are appropriately applied, learning and development are occurring and proper levels of self-discipline are maintained.
- Manage and resolve non-conformance issues.
- Investigate causes of faulty product and take proper corrective action.
- Monitor scheduling and production of the plant, including materials, manpower, equipment, ensure all lines are operating efficiently and effectively.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience (optional).
- 3-5 years of successful experience in production management in a food manufacturing plant required.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is a must.
- Knowledge of high performance teams, quality management, ability to coach and develop people and teams a plus.
- Coach: Lead by example and by walking around, create commitment and energy in the team, share information, able to develop individuals and groups into self-directed work teams.
- Systems thinker, business analyzer, barrier breaker, facilitator, results oriented.
- Ability to see how the parts connect to the whole operation and respond cross-functionally to meet production goals, quality standards and company values.
- Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and skills test. Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Job performed in a manufacturing environment. Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, climb ladders and walk plant floors that could exceed one mile of travel per day.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- Physical: Must have the ability to lift 20 pounds with regularity.
- Must be able to understand and follow work instructions in English