AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
To support our continuous growth across the APAC region, we are looking for a Finance Associate (Accounts Payable) to join our global and expanding Finance team. Based in our Shanghai office, but working closely with your colleagues and stakeholders in London and across the regional offices, you will be responsible for coordinating, managing and maintaining an efficient purchase ledger and payroll function. The position offers the opportunity to take on responsibility in your role, and with time, the chance to progress within the team, and receive full support with your ACCA or CIMA qualification.
More About the Finance Team
The Finance team at AlphaSights is an expanding, global function responsible for planning, accounting, controlling and, ultimately, enabling our fast-paced and high-growth business. From the moment you join us, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility and receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and beyond.
Supplier invoices & staff expenses
- Obtain purchase invoices and credit notes from suppliers in a timely fashion
- Collect and check staff expenses for (i) approvals, (ii) arithmetic accuracy and (iii) coding
- Pay suppliers in a timely fashion
- Swiftly deal with day-to-day supplier queries
Payroll & HR admin
- Liaise with the HR team and obtain all relevant information relating to new joiners and leavers
- Accurately prepare monthly payroll data and coordinate with external payroll bureau to prepare monthly payroll and social security contributions
- Annotate bank statements and credit card accounts (for all Asia offices)
- Swiftly respond to any queries relating to the previous months expenses/invoices/documentation
- Where relevant, carry out ad hoc projects as required
What we’re looking for
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics or Accounting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to consult and positively engage with a wide variety of people/personalities to professionally deliver on requirements
- A keen eye for detail and diligent approach to work
- They are self-motivated, have a analytical mindset, are good with figures, organised and able to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities
- A proactive approach, with a focus on the right solution, professionalism and value
- The ability to provide a hands-on, flexible approach, willing to respond professionally, enthusiastically and positively
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin (other Asian language skills are also a plus)
What you can expect
- Opportunities for training and development throughout
- Study support for professional certifications such as CIMA, ACCA and CPA
- High level of autonomy and ownership of role from day one
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- Lunch and learns, paid leave policies, affinity groups, educational speaker events, and touchpoints with leaders