We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance & Accounting department on a full-time, temporary basis. The length of the temporary assignment is from the date of hire through the end of July 2021. We anticipate that this position will become a permanent, full-time position at that time.
This position is responsible for reviewing and ensuring that all invoices are posted properly for specific vendor accounts.
What you will do in this role:
- Review, code, match and enter/upload vendor invoices. Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balance.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities. verify Federal ID numbers, schedule and prepare checks, resolve purchase orders, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation. Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos. Issue stop payment or purchase order amendments.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from vendor and other internal departments requesting status of payment
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Perform basic filing and maintenance of records.
- Prepare, scan and attach required documents.
- Resolve pricing or receiving discrepancies.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned
What we look for in a candidate:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field with 0-1 year of relevant experience
- Detail oriented and thorough in completing duties and responsibilities
- Ability to coordinate numerous tasks and complete those tasks within given deadlines
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively interact with others
- Ability to identify and report problems associated with the daily work routine and provide suggestions for correction of those problems
- Highly skilled in data entry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other department specific software is required