- Develops, implements and administers industrial hygiene programs, including studies of work environment, operations, processes, nature of the work, materials and equipment, products and by-products, workforce composition, and work hours, measurement of work environment and chemical and physical analysis.
- Develop and implement industrial hygiene database.
- Participation in development / updating, implementation and administration of industrial hygiene programs.
- Evaluation and monitoring of environmental factors which may impair employee health or operational efficiencies.
- Evaluation and recommendation of corrective action to eliminate, control or reduce occupational health problems.
- Interpretation provided for company policy, regulatory requirements, and various monitoring test results.
- Assistance with chemical and physical analysis of biological monitoring test results and recommendation for corrective actions.
- Development, modification and presentation/facilitation of employee educational programs.
- Establishment and maintenance of productive internal and external working relationships.
- Develops recommendations for corrective actions to eliminate, control or reduce occupational health problems.
- May be required to prepare and present expert testimony on issues pertaining to industrial hygiene.
- Effective performance required to assure work environment complies with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive internal and external working relationships.
- Provide some safety professional services such as attending safety meetings, safety committees, incident reviews, etc.
- Manage annual medical surveillance / screening programs.
- Provide ergonomic assessments and ergonomic services and manage ergonomic program.
- Travel between sites as needed
- Respond to incidents and emergencies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in science such as chemistry, biology, public health, industrial hygiene, or equivalent.
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist required.
Industrial Hygienist II:
- Four years or more industrial hygiene experience.
Industrial Hygienist Senior:
- Eight years or more industrial hygiene experience
- Safety professional experience desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.