- Assists in the preparation of various external regulatory reports and filings with the SEC, FERC, and MPUC.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting or financial data.
- Prepares financial and operating reports and variance analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and review of the annual budget.
- Participates in other accounting processes for ALLETE and its affiliates.
- Complies with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Incumbents will start in financial reporting and budgeting, but could support or also work in other areas of accounting .
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Accounting degree strongly preferred; or an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work may be considered
- No experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- Competent working with accounting information systems and Microsoft Office software.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.