(Goldenstar & Sun Place in Maplewood & Roseville, MN)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced business manager with exceptional leadership, business and financial management, planning/problem solving and customer services skills to join our team! This dynamic, results-driven professional will enjoy an exciting, fast paced work environment. Goldenstar & Sun Place make up 139 affordable and market rate apartment homes in Maplewood & Roseville, MN. The Property Manager reports directly to the Portfolio Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lead, motivate, and direct staff
· Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, mentoring and working through performance matters in an effective and timely manner
· Ensure growth of the team by instructing them to attend various seminars and classes, and actively participate and engage in growth opportunities as well
· Perform annual reviews for each staff member
· Adequately document all disciplinary policies and procedures
· Use delegation skills to effectively manage time as well as cross train other staff members
· Observe all time reporting
· Ensure that Aeon’s residents are appropriately served in a positive, welcoming environment
· Work with other Aeon staff and outside parties to help Aeon residents engage within their community and create Home
· Lead and guide customer service strategies in a culturally responsive manner, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc…
· Support the development of annual operating budgets for assigned properties
· Creates monthly financial variance reports
· Support annual capital expenditure projections to protect and maximize assets
· Effectively monitor and collect on property receivables
· Control expenses and optimize property profitability
Physical Asset Maintenance and Supervision of Contractors
· Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical asset by guiding the maintenance team
· Consistently monitors and follows up on timely and accurate completion of resident and common area work orders
· Inspect property for hazardous or potential liability situations as requested
· Continually monitor vendor invoices and performance
· Communicate with vendors concerning unsatisfactory performance and/or invoice issues
· Prepare and monitor for quality inspections including but not limited to REAC, Section 8, MPHA, etc.
Leasing & Marketing
· Obtaining occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing
· processing applications
· retaining residents
· affirmative marketing
· Ensure quality employee selection, training, performance and assure that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies, procedures, and performance expectations
· Ensure property files and records are maintained according to regulatory requirements and Aeon policies and procedures
· Continually improve management and technical skills
Skills & Qualifications
· Significant experience and accomplishments leading a property management or related business team
· Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc…
· Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills and be able to drive results
· Proven track record of preparing, understanding and managing budgets as well as increasing net operating income
· Knowledge of and/or ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
· Intermediate navigation and knowledge of computer systems
· Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
· Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
· Valid drivers’ license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a compressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1760574.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.