Regional Facilities Manager
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
The Regional Facilities Manager will design and implement policies, systems, procedures and processes as a part of the Property Operations team, reporting to the Executive Vice President, Property Operations. This will include the following areas:
· Operations and Maintenance: Technical and building services, work management, utility management
· Risk Management: Building compliance and standards, environmental health and safety, security, emergency management, loss prevention and control
· Capital Planning: Project management, strategic planning, capital planning
· Business Management: Leadership and training, procurement, contract management, financial management
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee all aspects of facilities and maintenance for a growing portfolio of multi-family properties
· Serve as a central point of contact in the development of plans for organizing long-term and short-term maintenance programs and associated budgets
· Build, train and mentor highly productive maintenance teams, including being involved in the interviewing and onboarding process
· Identify and implement best practices, policies and procedures for maintenance teams
· Determine expectations for assessing property needs, safety issues, immediate needs, etc.
· Assist with due diligence from the maintenance/engineering side of all proposed acquisitions and new developments. Review design and ensure the functionality of potential acquisitions and new development projects.
· Develop multi-year capital expenditure plans including budgets
· Create materials and conduct trainings for preventative maintenance of building systems (HVAC, roofs, walls, elevators, landscaping, asphalt, etc.)
· Lead the standardization of materials between sites. Develop centralized contracting and procurement as appropriate.
· Identify opportunities for costs savings (light replacement, energy/utility savings, water savings, etc.)
· Keep abreast of leading technology and innovations in building systems, design, engineering and maintenance
· Travel among properties to meet with maintenance teams, communicate expectations and check in on progress
· Define roles and responsibilities for different levels of maintenance positions
· Create pathway for maintenance team members to advance and grow
· Oversee compliance with legal requirements, building rules and applicable ordinances (ie. REAC, insurance requirements, code compliance)
· Prepare and administer departmental and program budgets. Assume ownership of key planning, budgeting and forecasting processes within areas of responsibility. Monitor financial performance through key indicators and succeed at achieving maximum results with budgeted resources.
· Identify and vet vendors, review RFP & contract terms, and build/maintain/follow-up with vendor relations
Skills & Qualifications
· 7+ years’ experience in facilities or project management
· 5+ years’ management experience leading a large team across multiple sites
· Formal training and experience in engineering, facilities, construction management or similar disciplines
· Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and comfortable with different technological platforms (ie. Microsoft Project, CAD, building monitoring systems and software, etc.)
· Multi-family apartment experience preferred
· Ability to understand business objectives, strategies and directions and ability to develop and implement action plans accordingly
· Effective at project management, implementation and follow through
· Ability to influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
· Ability to individualize training and communication approaches to meet the needs and learning styles of a diverse staff
· Must have outstanding work ethic, be highly motivated, customer service-oriented and a self-starter
· Great interpersonal and problem-solving skills and can bridge technical and business stakeholders
· Ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
· Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
· Universal EPA license required
· Knowledgeable with REAC protocol required
· Possession of and/or ability to obtain a boiler’s license, lead certification & CPO
· Valid drivers’ license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1398763.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.