(Village Club Apartments in Bloomington, MN)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Leasing Agent to provide high sales support to one of Aeon’s Property Management teams in Bloomington, MN at our newly acquired, 306-unit property, Village Club! This position is very sales-oriented, and the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented and will be a seeker of excellence, thriving in a fast-paced environment while being resourceful and meeting tight deadlines. The Leasing Agent reports to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain current knowledge of apartment availability, rates and features
· Greet prospective residents and discuss their housing needs and desires
· Review information packet, floor plans, deposits, etc. and present information regarding community offerings
· Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency
· Conduct property and apartment tours to include the showing of amenities, models and available apartments
· Maintain prospect and leasing data on guest card and in Yardi
· Follow up within 48 hours of showing with prospective resident if lease was not signed and send appropriate thank you card
· Follow the community lease renewal program. Maximize resident renewals
· Prepare lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are correctly completed prior to resident move-in
· Prepare property information packet
· Prepare move-in packet
· Assist with managing day-to-day operations of the community
· Work closely with site team to ensure apartments are ready for move-in and maintained in a satisfactory manner
· Complete staff trainings as required
· Maintain and safeguard confidential information
· Remain flexible, receptive and adaptive to change
· Understand and apply basic principles of good housekeeping and safety
· Perform other related duties as requested by Supervisor
Skills & Qualifications
· At least one year of sales experience is strongly preferred
· Proven ability to “close” a sale
· Proven ability to work well with people and create a comfortable environment
· Working knowledge of basic accounting practices
· Proven ability to work in a team atmosphere
· Proven ability to organize and prioritize work projects
· Follow and adhere to organizational policies and procedures
· Must have valid driver’s license, vehicle, and vehicle insurance
· Bilingual preferred (with strong preference for Spanish language skills)
Base wage plus commissions! Aeon’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1434657.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.