Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon is seeking a full-time Grant Writer to research, write, and edit grant proposals and program-related investments to secure funding from both private and public sources to support general operations, housing development, and supportive services. The Grant Writer will also track the progress of submissions and write interim and final progress reports to funders as required. This position will report to the Resource Development Manager.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Grant Writing and Reporting (Foundation and Corporation): Plan, write, and submit compelling proposals that showcase Aeon’s work to foundations, corporations, government, and other sources. Work collaboratively across the organization to understand funding needs and develop content to create the best possible case for support. Own responsibilities of assigned proposals and reports on grants calendar with exceptional attention to detail to maintain critical timelines to ensure applications and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
· Grant Writing (Government): Work collaboratively with the Resource Development Manager to coordinate reports, renewals, and new proposals for funding.
· Grant Management: Be proactive and proficient in managing the entire grants process. This includes: entering grants and updates into Salesforce; assisting with thank you/received/denied thank you letters and appropriate follow up calls; updating grants calendar; ensuring all verbiage for applications, organization numbers, and grants attachments are up to date; and more.
· Grant Research: Stay up to date on industry and regional trends in housing and proactively explore new funding opportunities to develop new sources of support and increase revenue. Proactively seek out new sources of public funding to support Aeon’s work. Work collaboratively with Advancement team to identify potential new funding sources and determine appropriate ways to begin funding relationships, including submitting letters of intent, attending prospect meetings, etc. Eagerness to explore creative new options for funding is a critical aspect of this role.
· Relationship Building: Both external and internal relationship building are key aspects of this position. External relationships. In collaboration with the Resource Development Manager, support and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with funders. Attend relevant events to continually strengthen and build on existing funder relationships. Internal Relationships. In collaboration with the Resource Development Manager, develop relationships with onsite staff to learn about specific property needs. Respond to grant contractor needs within 24 hours. Responsive and thorough communications are key in this role.
· Other Duties as Assigned: Participate as an active member of the Advancement team, including supporting other activities as needed including special events, donor communications execution, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
· 1-3 years of grant writing and/or fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting preferred.
· Excellent written communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team setting with common goals
· Ability to co-manage important relationships with colleagues
· Keen attention to details and excellent time management skills
· Energy for researching and identifying new sources of funding for Aeon and its programs
· Ability to understand and interpret a broad range of issues related to Aeon’s mission
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel
· Experience with donor tracking and relationship software preferred, use of Salesforce ideal
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1392356.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.