Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon’s Housing Development team is seeking a Construction Manager to work with Housing Development, Asset Management and Property Operations teams to maximize efficiency and long-term construction quality of our properties. The Construction Manager reports to the Executive Vice President, Strategy, Partnerships and Production.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
· Planning: The scope of Construction Management work for new developments and renovations of existing or recently acquired properties will include input and management during the full development cycle – including coordination of staff programming, initial cost estimations, design, construction, commissioning, lead project transition from Construction to Operations staff.
· Project Management: Ensure that standards, deadlines, contractual obligations, and internal and external performance and compliance expectations are met. Each construction project will be completed by a third-party general contractor, and the Construction Manager will be expected to represent Aeon in its role as owner on a variety of multifamily residential product types, including new construction of walk-up apartments, mid-rise elevator buildings, and townhomes. Aeon also acquires existing multifamily properties for which the Construction Manager will be responsible for managing the rehab process.
· Systems: Coordinate Aeon’s work for the adoption of new technologies and other systems for real estate development, asset management and property operations around physical standards, energy and water efficiency, materials health, and more.
· Accomplishment: You can demonstrate successful construction project planning and management experience.
· Education/Experience: You have a good combination of education and work experience; construction project management education will be weighed with actual project management success.
· Other Requirements: You are a resourceful, problem-solving, relationship-building, seeker of excellence.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1378311.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.