Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon’s Housing Development team is seeking a Construction Manager to work with Housing Development, Asset Management and Property Operations teams to maximize efficiency and long-term construction quality of our properties. The Construction Manager reports to the Executive Vice President of Strategy, Partnerships, and Production.
This position is engaged with 1) new construction of walk-up apartments, mid-rise elevator buildings, and townhomes; and 2) major repairs and renovations of existing or newly acquired multifamily properties. The position is active with multiple projects simultaneously.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
· Planning: Using Aeon’s standards, work with the Housing Development Team to define the design, specifications, and construction management scope for Aeon’s projects. This input during the full development cycle includes coordination with all involved Aeon departments, facility assessment and evaluation, project scope, budgeting, vendor RFQ/RFPs, contracting, scheduling, construction, and commissioning.
· Project Management: Projects will be completed by a combination of third-party designers, general contractors, subcontractors and Aeon internal staff, depending on project requirements. The Construction Manager will be expected to represent Aeon in its role as owner. Ensure effective communication and coordinate all parties toward efficient and successful project completion. Perform field inspections, observation, oversight, and documentation. Ensure that standards, deadlines, contractual obligations, internal and external performance, and compliance expectations are met. Coordinate all work with other Aeon departments including predevelopment/pre-acquisition planning and funding applications through construction, draws, leasing, move-in, warranty close-outs.
· Systems: Help Aeon to find efficient, healthy, and innovative new technologies and other systems to reduce costs, improve operations, and/or extend useful life of Aeon’s properties all with an eye towards making the properties ‘home’ for our residents.
· Significant experience, that may be combined with formal training, in construction management, with a heavy emphasis on actual project management success is required.
· You can demonstrate successful construction project planning and management experience and accomplishments.
· You are a resourceful, problem-solving, relationship-building, seeker of excellence.
· You have excellent communication and documentation skills.
· You have the ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for and delivery on differing needs and expectations.
· Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
Compensation is commensurate with experience with a range starting at $70,000/yr. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1668938.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.