(Brooklyn Park, MN)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced business leader with exceptional relationship-building skills to lead one of the six buildings that make up the 834-unit apartment community, Huntington Place in Brooklyn Park, MN. Each Building Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of 139 units, working as part of the greater community team. This will include managing operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, supporting financial reporting, and building relationships with residents, vendors, and community members. This position requires unmatched customer service and someone who thrives in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment. The Building Manager reports to the Area Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Community Engagement & Customer Service: Work with community team and outside parties to help Aeon residents engage within their community and create home for themselves. Engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc. Cultivate relationships with community members and organizations to support Aeon residents’ sense of security and belonging.
· Property Finances: Lead the entire rent collection process including: issuing receipts to residents, preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters. Support the Area Manager with lease termination and legal action, if necessary. Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
· Marketing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
· Office/Administrative Support: Support the apartment community by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sort mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
· Physical Asset: Support the Area Manager and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
· Compliance: Achieve overall compliance of the property, including, but not limited to collecting, processing and properly filing of the required information, and preparing for and executing on plans for physical and file inspections in partnership with the community team.
· Supervision: Through effective leadership and management, create and maintain a high performing Leasing team. Set standards on how the Leasing team engages prospective and current residents. Tour and lease apartments as necessary. Train Leasing team and model effective sales techniques.
Skills & Qualifications
· 2+ years of property management experience
· Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
· Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
· Strong computer literacy skills
· Valid drivers’ license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance is required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1571107.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.