Assistant Property Manager
(Bloomington & South Minneapolis, MN)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon is seeking an analytical and detailed person to join our teams at Blooming Meadows North in Bloomington and The Rose in South Minneapolis, MN! This Assistant Property Manager with have a heavy focus on affordable housing compliance. In addition, the Assistant Property Manager will support customer service and general operations of these multi-million-dollar apartment communities. This position requires a very detail-oriented person who thrives in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment. The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Senior Site Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Compliance: Complete all aspects of the income and eligibility certification and renewal process for Housing Tax Credit, Section 8, and other programs. This person, in partnership with Aeon’s Compliance Team, will lead the compliance aspect for these properties.
· Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
· Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented professional who is able to think critically and adapt to changing rules and regulations. The candidate will have the ability to compile information from many sources in an organized way and will be able to create and maintain relationships with staff and residents to help ensure compliance for a myriad of housing programs.
In addition, the Assistant Property Manager will have the following skills:
· Affordable housing compliance experience is strongly preferred
· Detail-oriented professional experience is required. This may include related fields such accounting, insurance, court reporting, licensing, etc…
· Strong organizational skills are required
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
· Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, growth environment
· Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
· Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
· Strong computer literacy skills
· Valid drivers’ license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance preferred
Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1697579.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.