Aeon seeks an asset management professional for our growing asset management team, which is responsible for Aeon’s long‐term owner interest to maintain a strong portfolio of housing communities.
The Work of the Team
The asset management team accomplishes its purpose by executing on financial, physical, policy and mission opportunities for the portfolio, engaging with a myriad funding partners, delivering on commitments and building productive relationships. The team’s work includes, but is not limited to:
· Property and portfolio level analytics
· Financial, physical and operational performance monitoring to identify problems and opportunities
· Managing properties’ organizational, contractual and regulatory requirements
· Capital improvement, reserves and financial planning
· Refinancing, restructuring and repositioning
· Real estate tax management
· Insurance management
· Collaborating closely with Aeon’s property management, accounting, compliance and housing development teams to ensure Aeon’s property ownership goals are understood and met, properties are effectively programmed and operated, reporting and compliance requirements are met, and new developments and acquisitions incorporate accumulated knowledge from long-term ownership
Position & Accountabilities Overview
The Asset Manager will be accountable for the stewardship of a portfolio of specific properties, ensuring long-term mission-impact, financial and physical sustainability and that Aeon’s financial expectations and requirements are met, while maintaining positive relationships with property funders and regulatory agencies.
Specific performance accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure quality third party property management performance
· Generate, or update, strategic business plans for each property and review annual property operating budgets
· Monitor property performance to identify and positively resolve problems related to watchlist properties, or relationships or other issues
· Monitor physical condition of properties, develop and implement multiyear capital improvement plans
· Ensure all reports for limited partners, lenders, funders and others are prepared and submitted as required
· Manage subsidy contracts and loan, partnership and other agreements, ensuring fulfillment of contractual, organizational, and regulatory obligations
· Identify needs and opportunities for and effect workouts, repositioning, debt restructuring and refinancing, limited partner exits, etc.
· Ensure asset/partnership management fees and other expected cash flow distributions to Aeon and its funders are made
· Other, as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
At base, a qualified candidate will have:
· A history of significant achievement and success, which may include educational accomplishments
· A minimum of three years of experience in housing asset management, development or another relevant field
Qualified candidates for this position ideally should also have relevant experience and knowledge in many of the following areas:
· Affordable Housing (particularly LIHTC) and the regulations and financing applicable to the industry
· Asset management, portfolio management, real estate development, relationship management, and/or property management
· Multifamily real estate transactions and associated legal documentation (mortgages, notes, loan agreements, deeds, regulatory agreements, subsidy contracts, settlement statements, limited partnership agreements, operating agreements, etc.)
· Property audits, partnership tax returns, property budgets, deal underwriting, multiyear financial projections; etc.
· Physical and capital needs assessment; facilities management; property renovations
Qualified candidates should have provable ability in most or all the following areas:
· Skill in financial analysis using Microsoft Excel
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including informative and persuasive correspondence
· Mature and emotionally-intelligent behaviors, good people-skills and the ability to collaborate well with others
· Ability to independently interpret and analyze the business terms included in legal documents and financial projections
· A high degree of accuracy, initiative and creativity
· Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills
· Ability to identify and analyze situational cause-and-effect to make informed decisions
· Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines, manage competing activities and demands, and/or generate urgency
Compensation will be based upon level of experience and performance history. Our Compressive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position accountabilities and qualifications outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1454326.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.