Provides knowledge and expertise in delivering appropriate wellness, fitness and exercise programs for patients and employees. Suggests additional programs and provides information related to exercise/wellness activities. Assist in the restorative care of patients as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Directly deliver wellness/exercise programs and services for patient and employee health
- Direct or assist patients in transfer techniques to walk or use walkers, and with range of motion. Coordinate self-help training; coordinate or assist with other restorative functions; evaluate progress and document daily.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed lines, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Monitor client participation and performance and produces records as requested
- Monitor existing equipment and supplies available for effective operation of programs and makes suggestions for enhancements
- Participate as requested in quality review activities to assure appropriate delivery of services, and standards of practice requirements are met
- Complete required documentation relative to patient/employee services
- Adhere to established procedures related to patient orientation/start-up
- Interact with customer staff and team members in a positive manner, work collaboratively to ensure patient/employee and customer satisfaction relative to services rendered
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Current certification as Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice
- Specialty certification as personal trainer, exercise specialist, fitness instructor, health and fitness specialist or similar area, preferred
- Background in exercise and activity training with senior populations, preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills.
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers.*
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely.
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
* Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)