Acelero Learning is a direct provider of Head Start services. We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Preschool Teacher. You will be responsible for providing a range of instructional, assessment, and positive behavioral support strategies to ensure educational excellence in a Head Start classroom for 3-5-year-old children.
You will contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
* Work collaboratively with family members, an Assistant Teacher, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
* Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and childcare licensing requirements.
* Provide classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
* Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children’s learning.
* Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
* Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
* A passion for impacting the lives of children through educational excellence
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
* Background in Special Education/Inclusion, a plus
* Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds
* Successfully pass a physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
* Computer proficiency, Google docs, email, MS Office Suite
This position is full time with an annual salary of $34,609.00. This role is located at our Walton Center, 7833 West Capitol Drive, Milwaukee.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.