Acelero Learning is seeking an inspired, collaborative professional to join us as a Human Resources Generalist for our Wisconsin delegate Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), the Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is responsible for performing a wide variety of Human Resource operational activities. Specific duties include supporting the areas of recruitment, retention, learning and development, performance management, employee policy and procedure, records management, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and legal compliance. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to customer service and quality Human Resource practices with the ability to balance a variety of demands and priorities and can deliver high-quality service in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere.
* Supports all Human Resource activities including, but not limited to employee relations, total rewards, training/development, reporting, and compliance.
* Establishes effective partnerships with various teams to facilitate the provision of strategic HR services. This will require frequent travel to centers.
* Facilitate pre-hire onboarding activities and new employee orientations, which includes coordinating, scheduling, and delivering HR-facilitated sessions.
* Engages in employee relations practices that establish a positive employer-employee relationship.
* Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth, which includes counseling managers on employment issues.
* Coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries, and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements when identified.
* Maintains Human Resource databases, computer software systems, and manual/electronic filing systems, which includes keeping employee data updated and accurate as well as providing technical support as requested.
* Drives assigned Human Resource projects to successful completion.
* Performs specific research/investigation into operational issues, which may include preparing and analyzing information to effectively carry out the functions of the HR team, delegate, and company.
* Participates in assigned meetings, professional development, and training as required.
* Supports the employee leave management and worker compensation process including meeting with employees and managers.
* Provides back-up support to the HRBP and HR Coordinator as required.
* Attends relevant workshops, seminars, and conferences to stay abreast of current HR trends and practices.
* Assists with managing employee communication and feedback mechanisms.
* Assists with the maintenance of accurate and complete employee personnel records.
* Serves on teams, committees, or projects workgroups as assigned.
* Performs any and all other duties (or functions) as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; PHR, SHRM-CP, or equivalent certification preferred. Associates Degree in related field required.
* A minimum of three years (3) years of Human Resource experience required. Human Resources Generalist background preferred with some experience in the areas of recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and learning and development.
* Prior experience working in Head Start or early childhood education or related field a plus.
* Bilingual language skills preferred, (English, Arabic, and/or Spanish).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefits laws. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple priorities.
* Demonstrated attention to detail and maintaining the highest degree of accuracy is a must.
* Computer literacy skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Google Apps; Proficiency with HRIS and ATS systems required; Experience with Taleo, Paycom, and Workday a plus.
* Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
* Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.