As part of the MAS client delivery team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing, accounting review, reconciliation preparation and financial reporting support to various clients.
• Effectively complete transactions for clients, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Reconciliation, Reconciliations and Financial Reporting. Tasks may include:
• Code invoices to appropriate GL account
• Process Client vendor invoices received for payment
• Download and code credit card transactions
• Input data into accounting system
• Review and reconcile vendor invoice and A/P ledgers monthly. Identify and track down missing items and address discrepancies.
• Prepare new vendor setup for accounts and files based on Client needs and systems
• Administer W-9s for vendor records
• Learn and master tools, such as Bill.com
• Post customer payments timely and accurately in multiple Client accounting systems (recommended that this function and the above are assigned to different staff members when possible)
• Prepares Client Invoices for their customers
• Download and enter revenues from 3rd party applications or banks into accounting system
• Monitor open receivables
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Process multiple Clients’ payroll weekly, biweekly or semi-monthly as required by Client. Manage set up and processing of all payroll deductions including benefits, tax and wage garnishment obligations. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Set up and maintain accurate employee records using the Client’s system or payroll vendor. Maintain online or paper file system according to Client needs.
• Download payroll transactions processed by 3rd party vendor for tracking and reporting.
• Learn and master tools, such as ADP RUN and ADP WorkforceNOW systems.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts, including bank, investment, etc.
• Tie-out reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers to general ledger accounts
• Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent training required.
· Previous payroll, payables, receivables and reconciliation experience a plus
· Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
· Experience with accounting systems, QuickBooks and Intacct preferred
· Excellent time management skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Team player with a positive ”can-do” approach
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
· Able to learn new technology skills and systems and apply them quickly
· Timely, consistent and accurate delivery of assignments
· Demonstrated understanding of accounting practices and regulations and ability to apply them accurately
· Demonstrated Client-centric approach