Connect with us this Wednesday, April 15, from 5-6 pm on Zoom. The LaunchPad at UM and the UM Alumni Association are hosting a virtual presentation: Learn how the economic injury disaster loan and paycheck protection programs can help your business, with special guest speaker, Althea Harris, J.D.’03, Assistant Director, Marketing and Outreach, U.S. Small Business Administration. The discussion will be moderated by Brian Breslin, Director of The LaunchPad. Find more information and register free here.
How can The Launch Pad, UM’s entrepreneurship center, help you? Fill out this survey to let them know.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
Provides information about loans and other resources available for small businesses during COVID-19.
- U.S Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide
Resources and information to help you navigate these challenging times.
- Miami Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
The Miami Restaurant Employee Relief Fund aims to deliver $250 grants to full-time Miami-Dade employees who have been out of work since governments ordered restaurant dining rooms shut to staunch the spread of the coronavirus.
- The LaunchPad at UM
The LaunchPad is the entrepreneurship center at the University of Miami. You can schedule a zoom meeting with an expert or browse through a number of resources. Fill out this survey to let them know what resources you’d like to see from the entrepreneurship center.
- State and Local Assistance for Small Businesses
States and municipalities are adding programs by the day. Check your governor’s website for up-to-date information about relief available in your area.
- Federal Income Tax filing and Payment Information
The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service are providing special tax filing and payment relief to individuals and businesses in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. This includes extending the filing deadline to July 15, 2020.
- From Inc.: Free Tools, Resources, and Financial Help for Business Owners Hit by Covid-19. Extensive list of tools and resources for businesses. Updated regularly.
- From Inc.: Five tech companies providing free remote working tools